The Jon Denzer Bear Hug Foundation announces the Path to Good Scholarship Awards Program. Under the Program, (2) $2,500 new recipient scholarships will be awarded to High School students and young adults not 4-year college bound that would benefit from financial help for technical career training and are open to love, hope and a path to good in their lives. The award winners will be granted an additional $2,500 the subsequent year if the recipients remain in good standing with the institution enrolled and further funds are needed to continue their education in their chosen field.
PROGRAM GUIDELINES & PRIORITIES
- Seeking High School youth and young adults interested in pursuing certificate/ technical educational or vocational skills in the trades who are willing to work hard and commit to a self-supporting career path. Example of Careers but not limited to: Electrician, Plumber, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Welding, Truck Driver, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Technician, Dental Assistant, Medical Coder, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Culinary Arts, Massage Therapist, Paralegal, Graphic Communications, Web Systems, Network Administrator, Surgical Technologist
- Applicants must have or be on a path to graduate from High School and/or achieve a
- Applicants must provide evidence of financial need. (Tax return or latest pay stub)
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution or apprenticeship as
- If requested, applicants must be able to provide a letter of reference from a parent, teacher, employer or other associate.
- Applications must be received by the Jon Denzer Bear Hug Foundation no later than 4 weeks prior to start of applicable
Jon Denzer Bear Hug Foundation
Path to Good Scholarship Committee
c/ o Carol Denzer
3538 Westbrook Road
Chillicothe, IL 61523
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by the Jon Denzer Bear Hug Foundation Path to Good Scholarship Committee. The scholarships will be awarded to meet enrollment and payment deadlines as dictated by the institution if applications are received within the 4 weeks prior to the start of applicable semester.
Applications may be downloaded from the Jon Denzer Bear Hug Foundation website at: www.jonsbearhugfoundation.com
Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (309) 256-7189